I got this recipe years ago from a cookbook. I love this applesauce spice cake with cream cheese frosting or a homemade buttercream. My family thinks this is a very good moist cake. I have used regular milk in the place of buttermilk.
- In a bowl mix the first 8 ingredients.
- Add the buttermilk, margarine, shortening,and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low for 2 minutes and then on high speed.
- Add the eggs and beat again.
- Pour in a 13x9x2 greased cake pan.
- Baked on 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool and frost.