1/1 Photo of Applesauce Spice Cake
I got this recipe years ago from a cookbook. I love this applesauce spice cake with cream cheese frosting or a homemade buttercream. My family thinks this is a very good moist cake. I have used regular milk in the place of buttermilk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl mix the first 8 ingredients.
- 2Add the buttermilk, margarine, shortening,and vanilla.
- 3Beat with an electric mixer on low for 2 minutes and then on high speed.
- 4Add the eggs and beat again.
- 5Pour in a 13x9x2 greased cake pan.
- 6Baked on 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- 7Cool and frost.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Spice Cake
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.5
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.6 mg
- Sodium 313.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 5.9 g