Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Moist and tasty bars.
Make and share this Applesauce Spice Bars by Splenda recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In large bowl, beat butter with SPLENDA® Granulated until light; beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; stir into butter mixture alternately with applesauce, making two additions of each.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts. Scrape into greased 13 X 9 inch (3 L) metal cake pan. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for about 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool; cut into bars. 42 bars.
- The Canadian Living Test Kitchen.
These are yummy little bars. A little heavy and could use a tad more cinnamon but still good. I left the raisins out because I don't really care for them.