Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This makes a great cake to serve at a dinner party, dust with confectioners sugar or glaze. You can use 1 cup mini chocolate chips in place of the nuts and raisins if desired.
- 1 cup butter, softened (no subs!)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup golden raisin, chopped
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Generously grease a 10-inch tube pan or angel food cake pan (I use my Pan Release recipe#78579 for greasing).
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar until well blended.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended (there should be no sugar granules remaining in the creamed mixture).
- Add in applesauce and sour cream; beat until blended.
- In a small bowl mix the flour with salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture and mix until blended (about 1 minute).
- Fold in chopped raisins and nuts (or mini chocolate chips if using).
- Spoon the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Bake for about 65-80 minutes, or until cake tests don.
- Cool completely then dust with confectioners sugar or glaze.
This is only ok. Sorry.
I made this recipe for zaar tag. I left out the nuts/raisins/mini choc chips and added an extra 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Also, I don't have a tube pan so I made it in two 8.5 inch X 4.5 inch loaf pans. It took 80 minutes to cook this way. I chose to dust it with powdered sugar and then as is my preference, we ate it with cool whip on it. This was Absolutely Delicious!! My husband who always gives his opinion on the foods I make him (by request) even said it was really good and there wasn't much he would change. We both agreed it could use even more cinnamon. That's it, no other changes! We love it, thanks so much for a great recipe!!