Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had some homemade applesauce to use up so I created this recipe on the spot. Honestly, I didn't bother to measure the ingredients as I was putting this together, so feel free to play with the amounts.
- 1 cup applesauce (homemade is best!)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (vanilla flavored is good!)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 banana, cut into chunks
- 5 -6 ice cubes, crushed
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth, about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- The smoothie probably won't need any sweetening, but if it does, add a little bit of honey or sugar to taste.
- For a less thick version, add more yogurt or juice.
Added 3 or 4 whole frozen strawberries, and 1/4 tsp of brown sugar. Also used strawberry lemonade instead of OJ and no vanilla
Nice light tasting smoothie with fresh Macintosh apples (2 cups - 2 apples worth, pretend 1 cup raw apple sauce), Balkan yogurt, alcohol free vanilla, to taste, 3 large ice cubes, plus the rest of the ingredients. I may make this smoothie again.
Great smoothie. I made it for 2 servings to have a leftover for tomorrow morning. Thanks Cookgirl :) Made for Photo tag game