Recipe by Carol :)
This muffin recipe is a hit with all my family! It's easy and delicious. They also freeze well.
Top Review by MizzNezz
We really liked these muffins! I didn't have golden raisins, so I used regular ones, but I soaked them in warm water for 10. min. then drained them before adding them. The brown sugar tops are nice too! Thanks Carol :)
- 4 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups applesauce (I prefer unsweetened)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups golden seedless raisins
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With mixer beat eggs slightly.
- Add sugar, oil and applesauce; beat thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
- Add dry to the applesauce mixture; mix well.
- Stir in raisins.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full and sprinkle each muffin with a bit of brown sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.