1/2 Photos of Applesauce Raisin Cookies
Christmas is coming. Time to start thinking about those cookie swaps.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) or 1/2 cup margarine, softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium granny smith apple, finely chopped
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 124Preheat oven to 375*. Grease 2 large cookie sheets.
- 2On waxed paper, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- 3In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; beat in egg, applesauce, and vanilla until well combined. Beat in flour mixture just until blended. With spoon, stir in apple, raisins, and walnuts if using.
- 4Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoons, 1 inch apart, on prepared cookie sheets. Bake cookies on 2 oven racks 20 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned around edges and set, rotating cookie sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking.
- 5While cookies bake, prepare Lemon Glaze:
- 6In small bowl, stir confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- 7Transfer cookies to wire racks. With pastry brush, brush glaze over warm cookies; cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.5
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 90.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 1.6 g