Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from the Quaker website. Enjoy! :)
- 1⁄2 lb margarine, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until creamy. Add applesauce, egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Add oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets or baking stone.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets or stone; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.
*Made for PAC Spring 2008* I was surprised at how moist the dough was, yet the Chews did not spread at all. This is a quick and easy recipe to put together if you have a sweet tooth. The applesauce keeps them nice and moist, and I think a 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts would have been a nice addition as well. Thank You for sharing.