1 hr 20 mins
This is an old recipe that my grandma got off of a VB apple sauce can. She always iced it with plain boiled icing. If you can't find pastry flour, you can mix you own by combining cake flour and all-purpose flour in a ratio somewhere between two parts cake flour to one part all-purpose and one part cake flour to one part all-purpose.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First sift flour, spices and soda.
- 2Then cream the shortening, add sugar gradually and eggs well beaten.
- 3Add flour and spices alternately with the applesauce and beat throughly until smooth.
- 4Dust raisins and nuts lightly with flour and stir in last.
- 5Bake in a shallow, well greased pan about an hour in a 325 degree oven.
- 6Ice with your choice or icing or frosting.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce, Raisin and Nut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 124.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g