Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Juicy and delicious.
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper the roast on all sides.
- Brown the roast on all sides in the oil, in a large skillet.
- Place the roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, add the applesauce, mustard, and honey; stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture over the roast.
- Place rosemary sprigs on top of the roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
I made this for Favorites of 2009 Tag game. Thanks to Buzymomof3 for adding it to her cookbook! This was very good. I will reduce the cooking time next time and let it finish cooking by the heat in the meat. I loved the topping...great mix of flavors. Thanks for sharing.
Fantastic! I didn't have dijon mustard so I used regular yellow mustard. The topping was very flavorful and the pork nice and moist. I will definitely make this one again!
We had this for dinner last night. It was a real tasty dish. Next time I won't cook it as long because my meat was not as tender as it should of been. But that is my fault. But the flavor itself was really good. Had all the ingredients on hand which is great and so quick to prepare. Thanks for the recipe.