Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Juicy and delicious.
Top Review by breezermom
I made this for Favorites of 2009 Tag game. Thanks to Buzymomof3 for adding it to her cookbook! This was very good. I will reduce the cooking time next time and let it finish cooking by the heat in the meat. I loved the topping...great mix of flavors. Thanks for sharing.
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper the roast on all sides.
- Brown the roast on all sides in the oil, in a large skillet.
- Place the roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, add the applesauce, mustard, and honey; stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture over the roast.
- Place rosemary sprigs on top of the roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.