Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is DD's favorite pie. The topping makes this pie wonderful. If you are looking for that different dessert to take to potluck, picnics for family gatherings give this a try.
- Cook applesauce, raisins and brown sugar slowly for 20 minutes.
- Add butter and salt.
- Beat eggs and add to mixture.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and softened butter with a pastry blender.
- Sprinkle on top.
- Continue to bake another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool before serving.
I chose this recipe because I had all the ingredients on hand. I used frozen pie crusts and was able to squeak two pies out of one recipe. One I am taking ot a PTA function and the other I am keeping from home. This was super easy to make; and tastes delicious! A definite keeper. Thanks, mommyoffour, for posting a great recipe. Sue