Recipe by Konnie
Serve with butter and maple syrup or go apple-crazy and serve with applesauce on top.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
We really liked these. I used half ap and half ww flours. These were light, tasty and simple to mix up. I need to cook them a little longer than regular pancakes to make sure the middle cooked through. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups applesauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together milk, egg and butter.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir.
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan to medium-high heat with a light coating of butter or vegetable oil.
- Drop batter in 1/4 amounts to make pancakes.
- When batter begins to bubble and the edges begin to brown, flip and cook until the other side is golden brown.