Recipe by A Messy Cook
This fruity, low fat cookie bar recipe is from a Mott’s cookbook.
Top Review by Grcorgi
This is very good. I used homemade applesauce which is not chunky but still worked just fine. I originally made it for school lunches but it didn't last that long. I will be making this again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, beat white sugar and butter until blended.
- Whisk in cinnamon applesauce, egg, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture and stir until well blended.
- In small bowl, combine chunky applesauce, raisins, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Spoon half of oat mixture into sprayed 8-inch baking pan; pour raisin filling over top, and spoon remaining oat mixture over filling, spreading evenly.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned; cool on wire rack.