This fruity, low fat cookie bar recipe is from a Mott’s cookbook.
Make and share this Applesauce Oatmeal Snack Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, beat white sugar and butter until blended.
- Whisk in cinnamon applesauce, egg, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture and stir until well blended.
- In small bowl, combine chunky applesauce, raisins, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Spoon half of oat mixture into sprayed 8-inch baking pan; pour raisin filling over top, and spoon remaining oat mixture over filling, spreading evenly.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned; cool on wire rack.
This is very good. I used homemade applesauce which is not chunky but still worked just fine. I originally made it for school lunches but it didn't last that long. I will be making this again.
Can't believe nobody tried this!! Made for My 3 Chefs, this came out sooooo GOOD!! Easy to prepare and kind of light too!! Used 3/4 cup sugar - next time would probably lower it to 1/2 cup! Didn't have any chunky applesauce, but did seem to work with regular applesauce. Used a mix of dried cranberries and raisins. Thanks Messy Cook! :)
These are so tasty! I didn't have white sugar so I used 3/4 cup brown. They're incredible. Very soft and the layer in the middle really makes it. I didn't have chunky applesauce just regular unsweetened so I added a dash of cinnamon to the oatmeal mixture. Definitely will make again