Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a modified version of 'Low Fat Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins' for the people who don't like bananas; like my sister. They are lower in energy and still taste GREAT!!! I hope you like them, because i LOVE them!
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (i use the sugar substitute) or 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute (i use the sugar substitute)
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl(excluding the sugar) with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the wet ingredients and the sugar until smooth.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix using a large spoon.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Spoon into a muffin pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 20-25mins.
Very nice muffins especially when you take into consideration good healthy way they are made. I used Splenda in place of sugar and added a tsp of vanilla and tossed in some pine nuts that I had just a few of left and boosted the cinnamon to 1 tsp. I got 9 standard sized muffins from this recipe so 6 would be pretty big muffins. If you have a real sweet tooth you might want to use more sugar as these aren't really sweet but that are sure tasty with a cup of coffee :D.