Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Nice in the morning
Top Review by Lalaloula
These were really tasty with a lovely soft texture. They were quick and easy to prepare and tasted very nice. However, I agree with the previous reviewers, that they need the addition of either a chopped apple or some raisins (I actually added 50 g of raisins to the dough but it wasnt enough). With that addition they would definitely be a five stars! Thanks for sharing, swirlycinnacakes!
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F; line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
- For muffins, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in large bowl; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine applesauce, milk, sugar, oil and egg white; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix).
- Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.