Recipe by [Entropy]
These cookies are so soft and moist you might even call them gooey! They have a mildly sweet flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Sweet 'n Low
- 1 egg
- 2 cups applesauce (unsweetened, "natural style")
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups flour
- cinnamon, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional) or 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream margarine, brown sugar, sweetener, and egg together in mixing bowl.
- Stir in the applesauce, oats, flour, cinnamon, and raisins or chocolate chips.
- Drop onto nonstick cookie sheets.
- Bake about 10 minutes, or until browned lightly around the edges.
- Do not overbake. These cookies are supposed to be very soft.