Jo Ann L's Note:
I got this from another site, where it was credited to Meal Master. It's not a fancy dessert-for-dinner cake, but more like a snack cake or coffee cake. It's very moist and buttery-sugary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring applesauce to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat.
- 2Stir in oats and raisins; cover and let stand 20 min.
- 3(Mixture will be thick and will thicken up more while standing, so you should have the rest of the batter ready by the time the 20 min. are up.) Beat butter at medium speed with an electic mixer until fluffy.
- 4Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- 5Add egg and beat well.
- 6Combine dry ingredients and add gradually to creamed mixture, mixing just until blended after each addition.
- 7Stir in applesauce mixture.
- 8Pour batter into a 9-in. square pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- 9Bake at 350 for 30-40 min. or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 11(I found I liked this best served slightly warm.).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Oatmeal Cake
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.5
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 539.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 6.7 g