Recipe by PaulaG
These are like having a slice of apple pie for breakfast except healthier. These are great spread with apple butter or topped with glazed apples.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
These came out great! Healthy, tasty and easy. I used my own apple puree which was pretty thick so I needed to use more milk, but other than that followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder, plus
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the oatmeal, flour, baking powder and spices, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Beat with a wire whisk until blended.
- Add to dry mixture, mixing until all ingredients are moistened.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then mix again.
- Spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray and preheat over medium heat.
- Using 2 tablespoonfuls for each pancake, drop batter onto griddle.
- Turn pancakes when edges are dry and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Note: If the batter becomes too thick while standing, add a tablespoon or more of skim milk.
- Serve with favorite toppings.