Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are like having a slice of apple pie for breakfast except healthier. These are great spread with apple butter or topped with glazed apples.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder, plus
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the oatmeal, flour, baking powder and spices, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Beat with a wire whisk until blended.
- Add to dry mixture, mixing until all ingredients are moistened.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then mix again.
- Spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray and preheat over medium heat.
- Using 2 tablespoonfuls for each pancake, drop batter onto griddle.
- Turn pancakes when edges are dry and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Note: If the batter becomes too thick while standing, add a tablespoon or more of skim milk.
- Serve with favorite toppings.
These came out great! Healthy, tasty and easy. I used my own apple puree which was pretty thick so I needed to use more milk, but other than that followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for posting.
Loved these healthy, tasty pancakes! These pancakes prove that healthy foods don't have to be tasteless. The spices were spot on and the texture was perfect. I used whole eggs instead of egg whites, mainly because I was too lazy to separate them. Also, I used about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and I got 12 pancakes. I served these pancakes topped with sauteed cinnamon apples...yum!! Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe...it is definitely a keeper! **Made for Culinary Quest - Suitcase Gourmets**
ok mr picky said" take a picture of an empty plate because that will be what you have if you make these" he liked these so well , which its kinda hit or miss for him . he wanted more, good job paula made for russian leg of tour cakepops on parade