Top Review by Judy from Hawaii
These muffins were very nice, & quite healthy. My applesauce was sweetened,so mine were probably a bit sweeter than intended, but they were quite tasty with that nice chewy texture that oatmeal provides. Raisins would be a nice add in, I think. I got a yield of 12 muffins, and that was filling them to the top of the cup.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combne the first seven ingrediants.
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, milk, oil and egg white.
- Stir into dry ingrediants just until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups coated with nonstick cooking spray three-forths full.
- Combine topping ingrediatns; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400* for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.