Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Parish Pickens From Lakeshore United Methodist.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 226.79 g applesauce
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 44.37 ml milk
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon, plus 1/2 extra
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts, divided
- 59.14 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- Combine 1 cup sugar, applesauce, oil, eggs, and milk: mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg; add to sugar mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in 3/4 cup nuts.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9-1/4 x 5-1/4 x 2-3/4 inch loaf pan.
- Combine brown sugar, extra 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 cups nuts; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour; cover loosely with aluminum foil for the last 30 minutes of baking time. Cool on rack.