Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Parish Pickens From Lakeshore United Methodist.
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus 1/2 extra
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped nuts, divided
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 cup sugar, applesauce, oil, eggs, and milk: mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg; add to sugar mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in 3/4 cup nuts.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9-1/4 x 5-1/4 x 2-3/4 inch loaf pan.
- Combine brown sugar, extra 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 cups nuts; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour; cover loosely with aluminum foil for the last 30 minutes of baking time. Cool on rack.