Recipe by Lisa Lou Who
Unfortunately I cannot take credit for these delicious muffins. This came from an old TOH magazine where someone had written in for this muffin recipe that they had tried at a restaurant called Curly Maple Resturaunt. These are perfectly moist and the kids gobble them up.
Top Review by Mountainbaby
This is a mildly spicy muffin that all loved. I followed the recipe exactly and for me the recipe made more than 12 muffins. Next time I will use two muffin pans. Thanks for posting this lovely recipe with those healthy anti-aging spices. I'll be making it frequently.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce.
- Mix just until combined.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.