Recipe by pamw
My kids like this cake recipe, so I make it in muffin tins. It's a modified Betty Crocker recipe (I accidentally forgot shortening which the recipe originally called for, but the muffins turned out delicious anyway!)
Top Review by I Can't Believe It's Healthy
These muffins were AMAZING. So good! I halved the recipe, and got 9 muffins with muffin tops. In addition, I used 3/4 cup AP flour and 1/2 cup WW flour. I also added in about 3 tbsps butterscotch chips. Be sure to grease the muffin cups very well because these stick. So delicious! I will definetly make these again.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease or paper line 24 muffin tins.
- Beat all ingredients in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds.
- Beat on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 3 minutes.
- Pour into muffin tins.
- Bake until golden brown and center is firm, about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Frost if desired, but we like them plain!
- Makes 24 muffins.