1 hr 20 mins
Chef #570804 Halifax Liz's Note:
Have had this in my files for years so do not recall the name of the cookbook. It is rich enough to be considered a cake if you want and one of our favourites, especially around Xmas time. I like it with a little butter and it keeps moist for days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.
- 3Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- 4Beat together sugar and shortening very thoroughly.
- 5Add egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- 6At low speed beat in mincemeat.
- 7Add dry ingredients alternately with applesauce just until smooth.
- 8Stir in nuts.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Mincemeat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.1
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 346.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 46.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g