Recipe by Nova Scotia Cook
This recipe was given to me by my Mom a number of years ago. It tastes scrumptious either hot or cold. I like to serve it with mashed potatoes and green or yellow beans.
Top Review by crazycookinmama
This was great! I'm a finnicky meatloaf eater, so I'm always lookin' for different recipes...and the cloves for the topping with the apples is what did it for me. Amazing!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup strained applesauce
- 1 pared apple, cut in thin rings
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all main ingredients for meatloaf and pack firmly into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.
- Press apple rings into top of loaf.
- Brush with glaze made by mixing brown sugar, cloves& water.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour& 15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.