Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is different, but very good
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup applesauce
- pared apple, diced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine beef, eggs and mix well.
- Add onions, salt, allspice and mix.
- Combine with oatmeal and applesauce.
- Form into a loaf and place in a loaf pan which has been greased.
- Mix the pared apple, brown sugar, cloves and water and place on top of meatloaf.
- Bake 350F 75 mins.
Thank you for this recipe. I can not eat gluten nor tomatoes and this was perfect for my family. I loved it, the kids loved it, my husband loved it. I doubled it but did 2lbs beef, 1 lb pork which is my typical meatloaf mix. Everything else I followed exactly even using my own homemade applesauce. Fantastic! Thanks!