- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sultana raisins or 1⁄2 cup nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients and stir.
- Combine wet ingredients and stir.
- Stir wet into dry and blend just until combined and moist.
- Fold in nuts Spray muffin tins, and fill each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake 350 degrees for 17 minutes, or until tester comes away clean.
- Remove to wire rack, let sit 6 minutes then, remove from tins, onto wire rack.