Prep 5 mins
Cook 16 mins
..This recipe comes from Sandra Woodruff RD, Fat Free Baking Cook book. Posted for another zaar cook, have not made these yet myself.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sultana raisins or 1⁄2 cup nuts
- Combine dry ingredients and stir.
- Combine wet ingredients and stir.
- Stir wet into dry and blend just until combined and moist.
- Fold in nuts Spray muffin tins, and fill each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake 350 degrees for 17 minutes, or until tester comes away clean.
- Remove to wire rack, let sit 6 minutes then, remove from tins, onto wire rack.
Zero Stars. These muffins were horrible. I threw all of them away.
I thought the texture was good, since I like a heavier, less sweet (non-ooey-gooey) muffin. Since I am diabetic, I used sugar-free syrup and added some maple flavoring. I think it needed more of the flavoring to compensate for the lack of REAL maple. I will try them again and use real maple syrup, when I know I have been good with my blood sugar numbers. I used pecans, which added some nutty flavor. Thanks for posting this.
Just followed this receipe and baked these awful tasty, waste of product and time muffins.