Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
from a local community cookbook
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce (thick)
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- cream butter and sugar til light.
- Add egg.
- add FLour mixture alternatively with applesauce.
- Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Bake in greased loaf pan 350F 1 hour.
I an not looking for a loaf cake that falls in the center, (as shown in the photo). But I will happiily try again. :)
this makes a dense moist loaf and is very easy to put together. i would use less raisins in the future, but that's a personal preference. this was enjoyed by my co-workers.