1/2 Photos of Applesauce Jello
4 hrs 15 mins
My mom made this, minus the apple chunks, when we were sick or as a special treat. The applesauce adds a great texture, kids love it, and if they don't like fruit, they'll still usually eat this! In fact, without the chunks or the cinnamon, it's a great treat for toddlers. I make it with cinnamon applesauce and the apple chunks as a side for holiday meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin or 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin or 1 (3 ounce) package wild cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups applesauce or 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups cinnamon applesauce, chilled (a small jar usually works just fine)
- 1 -3 firm-sweet apple, cored and cut into 1/2 inch chunks (such as Fuji; use more or less according to size and preference) (optional)
- 1Dissolve gelatin into boiling water in a LARGE bowl (you're going to want the room when you add the other ingredients to prevent splashing).
- 2Add applesauce all at once.
- 3Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- 4Pour into an 8 by 8 casserole or a shallow dish, and cover.
- 5Refrigerate until partially set (about 1 1/2 hours is good).
- 6Stir in apple chunks, if desired.
- 7Refrigerate an additional 1 1/2 to 3 hours, until set.
- 8This recipe will not set quite as firm as traditional gelatin.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Jello
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 81.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g