Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A favorite from a man I used to work with. He brought it to every Christmas Buffet party.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1⁄4 cup red cinnamon candies (miniature)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup whipped cream (optional)
- Boil 1 cup water. Add to cherry jello. While hot, add cinnamon candies and stir till dissolved. Add applesauce. Pour into a 8 x 8 square cake pan.
- Chill until set. Cut into squares and serve. Put a dollop of whip cream on top or spread whip cream over jello before cutting. You'll want to double this recipe!
this jello is super fun. you can use any kind of jello. the applesauce gives it a fun texture and i also have put raspberries or bananas ect. in as well. i never put the red hots in.. but i've made several variations on this jello and it is always a hit.
14 servings from this recipe??? not likely! Obviously you cannot rely on the nutrition facts being accurate.
I tried hitting the five-star review a few times but shucks, ma'am, it still won't give you the ten this recipe deserves, LOL. This is one of the awesome ones-and look at the nutrition facts!, you can't beat that, can you! I promised my GD Carly she could have one when she came home from school but if I don't sit on my hands the rest of the day, she won't be lucky enough to have one. I should have taken your advice and made a double batch. TY,TY,TY Carol. Made for New Kids on the Block, a tag game.