Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like this one with maple syrup. But it's also nice if you use additional applesauce as your topping.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 6 slices white bread
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cinnanon, sugar and applesauce; mix well.
- Soak bread one piece at a time until saturated with liquid.
- Cook on a lightly greased skillet or griddle over medium/high heat until lightly browned on both sides. Serve hot.
i don't know what went wrong, but they came out of the pan charred on the edges, raw soggy in the centers, and not very appetizing. after using about half of the egg mixture i added another egg and it helped salvage what was left, though they still weren't really too good :(
This was a great brekky. The apple flavour is really subtle but a nice addition especially if you have it leftover like me. Thanks Konnie, made for PAC Spring 2008.