Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another easy throw together cake! Measurements on the cans may not be exact.
- 1 (15 ounce) cansweetened applesauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- Grease a 9x13-inch pan. Dump applesauce into it. Dump pineapple on top of that. Spread yellow cake mix over the pineapple.
- Melt butter and pour it on top of the cake mix. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Had this for dessert on Sunday. It was good but not a favorite.
This was wonderful! The only thing different I did was use a entire quart of my homemade applesauce that I have in abundance. I took it to a church function that served a ham dinner. It was the perfect accompaniment! It tasted like pineapple upside downcake. I brought home an empty dish even though there were tons of other desserts left over. This was really a hit and I was fortunate to be able to get a piece to sample myself for the review. I will definitely make this again. It will be much cheaper for me to make than those dumpcakes which have pie filling in them also. Thanks for posting such a nice and tasty dish that doesn't taste like 'dumpcake' at all!