1/1 Photo of Applesauce Doughnuts/Donuts
I got this recipe from an online friend, and they sound delish, so I thought I'd save them here! Let me know what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat 1-1/3 cups of the flour and remaining ingredients (except oil and cinnamon/sugar mixture)with an electric mixer on low speed, until just blended.
- 2Stir in remaining flour and beat on medium speed for an additional 2 minutes.
- 3Cover dough and refrigerate for about 1 hour (dough should be stiff after refrigeration).
- 4Heat 2 to 3 inches of vegetable oil in a fryer or heavy (3 quart) saucepan to 375°F (for perfect doughnuts use a themometer).
- 5Divide dough in half and roll each half out on a well floured pastry board to 3/8" thick. Cut with a well floured doughnut cutter, or use a 3" cup and a clean pop bottle lid for the center.
- 6Carefully slide cut doughnuts into hot oil, using a wide spatula. Cook 2 or 3 doughnuts at a time, so as not to lower the tempeture of the oil too much. Fry 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 7Carefully remove from the oil (do not prick) and drain on papertowels.
- 8If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture while still hot.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Doughnuts/Donuts
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.7
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 137.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g