Recipe by MizzNezz
These are the easiest do-nuts I've ever found. They taste so good when they're fresh!!
Top Review by Meliciously Good
I was looking for a quick snack for me and the Hubs and I saw this and looked good enough to take a chance on. I was right! i gave it 4 stars because I did not like the nutmeg, thought it was too much. Other than that it was great. Next time I plan to omit the nutmeg and ginger and sprinkle the sugar over the donuts rather than shake them in the bag as it was too sugary. This one is a keeper!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce or 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- oil (for deep frying at 375F)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar and next 5 ingredients.
- Combine pumpkin, milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs.
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoons, into hot oil, 5 or 6 at a time.
- Fry 1/12 to 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a paper bag.
- Shake drops in this mixture while warm.