1/2 Photos of Applesauce Date Muffins
Delicious for breakfast or a snack. from Becel, Heart healthy cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup all-bran cereal (not flakes)
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar (I use brown sugar twin))
- 3 tablespoons becel margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375f degrees.
- 2Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine bran cereal and applesauce, let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in egg, dates, brown sugar and margarine.
- 5In a large bowl, blend flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- 6Stir cereal mixture into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- 7Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- 8Bake for 25 minutes or until set and golden.
- 9Cool on rack.
- 10This can also be made into a loaf, bake for 45 min to 1 hour
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Date Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 253.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g