Recipe by Mom2Rose
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 2 dozen cupcakes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the sugar, flour, salt, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and then pecans - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- APPLESAUCE CUPCAKES GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1 1/2 cups applesauce, 2 tsp baking soda, 3/4 cup melted butter, 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- APPLESAUCE CUPCAKES INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Microwave the applesauce for 45 seconds and immediately stir in the baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed.
- Spoon the batter into papered muffin tins, filling each liner half full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.