Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 2 dozen cupcakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the sugar, flour, salt, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and then pecans - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5APPLESAUCE CUPCAKES GIFT TAG:
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1 1/2 cups applesauce, 2 tsp baking soda, 3/4 cup melted butter, 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 7APPLESAUCE CUPCAKES INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 350.
- 9Microwave the applesauce for 45 seconds and immediately stir in the baking soda; set aside.
- 10In a large bowl, combine the butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- 11Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed.
- 12Spoon the batter into papered muffin tins, filling each liner half full.
- 13Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 14Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- 15Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Cupcakes (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 177.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g