Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cheese and apple is such a terrific flavour combination, not traditionally appearing in a cookie!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup thick, sweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine flour and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter, 1/3 c white sugar and vanilla together; blend in grated cheese and applesauce.
- Stir in the flour/salt mixture; shape dough into crescents.
- Combine 1/2 c sugar and the cinnamon; roll each crescent in this mixture.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and arrange crescents on sheet; bake in a preheated 350F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
These are definitely delicious, says DH with his mouthful! I was not sure what kind of flour to use, so I used AP flour. SR flour may have made the cookies lighter in texture, but there is no doubt about the flavor, delicious! Thanks Lennie! Made in participation with the Cookathon for Lennie.