Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups oat-bran cereal, uncooked
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat 12 medium-size cups with vegetable oil or line with paper baking cups.
- In a medium bowl combine Oat Bran cereal, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine applesauce, honey, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients; mix well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Fill prepared muffin cups almost full.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
sorry this didn't work for me. thought it was quite dry; i added some milk to the batter but it didn't seem to help. thanks anyway :-)