Recipe by LuuvBunny
My mom cannot eat dairy so I thought I would make these for her for Mother's Day. I found this recipe on the net and added a couple of extra ingredients, vanilla and pecans. They are quite good.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Grease a muffin pan or use paper muffin cups.
- In a bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix together until blended.
- Add applesauce, egg, oil and vanilla. Stir until moistened. Add pecans and stir until they are mixed into the batter.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for about 20 minutes. If using a non-stick pan decrease temperature to 375°F and cooking time may vary slightly.