Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the type of cookies that disappear within the day of making them.
Make and share this Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and applesauce, mix well.
- Mix baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and vanilla. Add to creamed mixture.
- Blend in flour.
- Add chocolate chips. Can also add 3/4°C chopped nuts if desired.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
The little girl I babysit loves this recipe! She doesn't like to eat fruits, so the applesauce in the recipe is perfect. I reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup and omit the cinnamon and cloves. She gobbles them up and says they are the best cookies ever!