Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Given to me by neighbors, Robin and Tommy, and it is just a yummy, moist cake tasting wonderful with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped nuts
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients except sugar, chips and nuts.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each.
- Add flour alternately with applesauce.
- Fold in one cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup nuts.
- Put in greased tube pan.
- Put nuts and chips on top and press down gently.
- Bake at 350 degrees about one hour until done.
- Great with whipped cream.