Recipe by Jen_Wilsbech
A very moist loaf that freezes very well.
Top Review by Angie in St. Charles
These were pretty good. My family enjoyed them. I did bake them in mini-loaf pans and it only took about 22 minutes to bake. I just thought they were lacking something (what, I don't know)? I might try some cinnamon next time - it might have been too much on the nutmeg for me. I would also cut the cherries smaller or I am thinking about trying fresh sweet, dark cherries instead of the marachino. I was a bit disappointed in the final taste. But my husband loved them and they were moist. But I think I can play with it a bit and get it more to my taste.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, drained and halved
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, sift together Dry Ingredients (first 6 ingredients).
- In another bowl, mix together Wet ingredients (last 4 ingredients).
- Mix the wet ingredients into dry until well blended.
- Pour into a loaf pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes.