Recipe by Just Mandy
Made this up to give my toddler a healthy and yummy snack--and to use up some of the millions of Cheerios we seem to always have in the pantry! Great to take to play groups, no eggs or honey so even young babies can share. Substitute any cereal you want!
Top Review by kym.snider
So yummy! :) I doubled the recipe (since i have 4 boys), used honey nut cheerios, and i pressed the mixture into cupcake pans (about half full). It made about 36 snacks. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 cups cereal (Cheerios, corn flakes, Chex, Kix, whatever!)
- 1 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingeredients in a medium bowl until well blended.
- **Optional-throw a Tbs or two of Soy Flour in to boost up the protine of a picky child's diet!
- Spray pan with cooking spay.
- To make bars press into a 9x9 pan.
- To make bite sized snacks, spread loosely onto a jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 20-30 minutes unyil crisp and golden--watch the snacks, they cook faster.
- Cut or crumble, cool and enjoy!
- Store in an air tight container, they never last more than a couple days at our house so I'm not sure how long they are shelf stable.
- Servings are approximate.