1/1 Photo of Applesauce Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I was looking through an old Fannie Farmer Cookbook, and came across this recipe.The original recipe made a 2-layer cake, but I cut it down to just make a smaller snack size type of cake.I put 25 minutes as the baking time,but you might want to check after 20.After mixing frosting ingredients, you might want to add a bit more powdered sugar to get the desired thickness. Sumitted to "ZAAR" on October 8th, 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Grease and flour either an 8x 8 inch dish or a 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl mix together flour,salt,baking powder,cinnamon, and nutmeg, set aside.
- 4Im a medium sized bowl,cream together margarine,or shortening and sugar beating well.
- 5Add applesauce and egg mixing thoroughly.
- 6Pour egg/applesauce mixture into dry ingredients, beat until just mixed.
- 7Pour into prepared pan,and bake for 25 minute or until tooth pick is inserted and comes out clean.
- 8Before frosting cake let cool to room temperature.
- 9To Prepare Frosting,.
- 10Combine all frosting into a medium sized bowl, and with electric mixer beat until smooth.
- 11Spread over top of cake and enjoy :).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (932 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 230.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 34.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g