Applesauce Cake with Cinnamon Icing
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 8-inch layer cake pans.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- Beat eggs, mayonnaise, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in dry ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake 30 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans.
- Cool completely.
- Fill and frost layers with Cinnamon Icing.
- Cinnamon Icing: Beat cream cheese and melted butter until fluffy.
- Slowly stir in 1 pound powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Beat on medium speed until smooth and spreadable.