1 hr 5 mins
A yummy, easy to make applesauce/raisin cake from an "Old Pennsylvania Dutch Cookbook".
My Private Note
8x8x2 i ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1****To make applesauce****.
- 2Wash, quarter, core and pare 3 medium-sized apples.
- 3Put prepared apples into a sauce pan with 3 Tablespoons of water.
- 4Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 5Press cooked apples through a sieve or food mill.
- 6Cool applesauce before using in cake.
- 7------Applesauce Cake------.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 9Grease the bottom only of an 8x8x2-inch square baking pan.
- 10Sift together first 6 ingredients; set aside.
- 11Cream butter until softened.
- 12Add sugar to butter gradually, creaming until fluffy.
- 13Alternately add the dry ingredients (in fourths) and applesauce (in thirds) to creamed mixture, mixing until blended after each addition.
- 14Mix in the raisins.
- 15Turn batter into prepared pan (batter will be very thick).
- 16Bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cake tester or wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
- 17Cool in pan on rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Cake (Ob'l Dunkes Kucha)
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.2
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 289.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g